Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A bunch of girls were going together

I can’t help but recall with nostalgia my very first semester experience as an undergraduate student. To say the least, it was an experience worth sharing. I would say I never knew what it was like staying away from my family for more than a month without any of my family members coming along with me. Coupled with the fact that I never went to a boarding school, the idea of having to experience this new life of independence was not really funny.

My bags were packed, my credentials were intact, my provisions were complete to my satisfaction, and my heart was filled with joy and excitement that I was finally going to a higher institution.

Ajayi Crowther University offered me admission, so I accepted it. My resumption day came and I was accompanied by my mother. After the whole running around and registration process, I was given a hostel accommodation. When we got to the hostel, the potters searched my stuffs. “You are not allowed to wear jeans, sleeveless tops, no jean jacket, and no coloured hair is allowed,” they told me, plus many other instructions. I was upset because more than half the contents of my box were emptied in front of me to be taken home.

My mother and I were advised to go to the nearest market and buy a new set of clothes, as they said one was only allowed to wear corporate dresses on campus.

It seemed cool at first, but the thought of not going back home with her and missing my brother so much weighed me down. I couldn’t hold it back, so I let a tear drop from my heavy eyes.

My room was not yet ready since the school was running a summer programme for students, so all the freshmen were told to stay together in Extension Building. That was where I met my first friend, Jennifer, who was happy to have me in the room.

That evening I wanted to get food.You Can Buy Various High Quality High Neck high neck wedding dresses gowns. A bunch of girls were going together and I noticed the number kept increasing. I am never a girl to walk with so much girl-crowd, so I distanced myself a bit and told Jennifer to take me there since she had been in school before I resumed.

When we were to move into our assigned rooms, now that summer school was over, I was sceptical because I didn’t know how my roommates would be. Tolu, a 300-level Biochemistry student, was the first roommate I met. Chichi, a fellow fresher who happened to be in the same department with me, resumed next. She was followed by Temi, a 200-level English student.

When the semester began fully, I did my registration in time in order to be able to attend my classes. Now I had made up to four or five friends, most of them in my department and my level since we went to most of the places together. I had a 400-level friend named Bodurin. She was a girl that made an impact in my life – always caring, always understanding. I guess we got along well because I have elder sisters and she behaved like one.

While their eye-catching collection certainly speaks for itself, within the fashion industry, news of the exceptional service found at Magic Price has spread through word-of-mouth, helping the wholesaler to become a truly global fashion company. In fact, for their out-of-country clientele, Magic Price offers consolidation, allowing multiple shipments to be received at the same time. By doing so, they're able to simplify logistics and keeps costs as low as possible.

The project also was probably a third as expensive as it would have been if Wood had contracted with professional library designers, architects and other vendors. Instead, local designer Annie Perez brought out what she believed the library wanted to be all along, Wood said.Buy high quality china wholesale designer beaded designer beaded evening gowns.

“As soon as she walked into the building, she said, ‘I kind of feel that this is a secret garden or cathedral,’” she said. “She took the entire building and designed it as a secret garden cathedral.”

Gothic windows gave the building its cathedral feel. Wood didn’t know where Perez felt the influence from The Secret Garden, a 1910 children’s book by Francis Hodgson Burnett, illustrated by M.B. Kork, about a girl in India whose British parents die in a cholera outbreak.I'm just going to look at the new formal office dresses for women. The girl is taken in by an uncle in England, on whose estate she finds a garden locked away from the rest of the world, where wonders begin to happen.

The theme begins just inside the front door with faux stone-block walls. Overhead, books and butterflies are suspended from a ceiling that looks like it’s dissolving to show a cloud-dotted blue sky.

Here, Perez merely had to make all the bookcases match with identical end caps and line them up to give the illusion of a larger room. But to make it more kid-friendly, she really poured her secret garden theme into the children’s section.

Plastic grass covers each bookcase, and sculpted animal topiaries are strategically placed on those tiny “lawns.”

Anchoring one side, an 8-foot-tall hollow tree is furnished with tiny toadstools so kids can enter, sit and read in secret.

A wall in the juvenile area is covered with a mural depicting a dragon. Under one wing are books, and under the dragon’s claw is a pile of jewels and gold.

All of the remodeling was done in a whirlwind of work, Wood said. Perez did her first walk-through in March, and renovations started in June. The greater part of the remodel was finished last month, and only a couple of finishing touches still are coming — like a Pegasus topiary to join the fox, rabbit and giraffe, and a few activity nodes that give pre-schoolers challenges that increase their motor skills.

Adults weren’t forgotten in the renovation. Three computer work stations with comfortable task chairs were added. There’s a big new area rug in the leisure reading area. And all the walls have been repainted in soothing shades.The best place to buy Wholesale Discount Prom Gowns Online for your big day.
Click on their website www.dressestmall.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment